Monday, January 31, 2011

Menu Plan Mondays


Starting now, I will be posting our menu-plan for the week. Because I also do memory Monday's (scripture memorization) I will make this one post. It will have my weekly memory verse + our weekly menu plan.
As far as the menu goes we go by a basic blueprint which we follow weekly. Such as Tuesday: taco or wrap night. But, we change the combinations so we can enjoy variation. As far as our eating habits I try to stick to healthy choices as much as possible without being legalistic. Although I do have to say canned food grosses me out occasionally (I love home cooked meals!). For pasta I use whole-wheat, same with bread, I really want to step away from commercial breads... so my plan is to develop my bread baking skills in the next year (goal). We also eat red meat very rarely so we increase our poultry, fish, and bean consumption. This is not because I feel bad for cows. This is because I believe red meat is unhealthy- so we limit.
Our Blueprint:
Monday- Pasta
Tuesday- Tacos/Wraps
Wednesday- Soup + Sandwich
Thursday- Chicken/potatoes/veggie
Friday- Fish and Fries(or?)
Saturday- Pizza or Calzones
Sunday- Open (special)
I like to cook special meals and goodies on Saturday to prepare for the Sabbath.

This weeks meals are outlined below:
Monday- American Chop Suey
Tuesday- Chicken/Cheese/Veggie wraps
Wednesday- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches w/ Cream of mushroom soup
Thursday- Baked chicken, potato salad, creamed spinach
Friday- Salmon stir fry over brown rice
Saturday- Pizza w/ sauteed onions, mushrooms, and olives
Sunday- Calzones

Make on Saturday to freeze:
Chicken noodle soup
Calzones
Potato Chowder
Herb Rolls
Blueberry muffins

2 comments:

  1. That menu plan sounds delicious. I love salmon. How do you like to prepare it?

    Unfortunately, hubby is a 'meat and potatoes' kind of guy. I could go a week without eating any red meat. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love salmon... its my fav. fish. I make it a million different ways. This week im going to break it up in small chunks and mix it with broccoli, garlic, sesame oil, a little chili oil... its yummy. My daughter doesnt like it like this--- hers will be pure salmon with a little salt.

    ReplyDelete