Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Training Activities (Proverbs 22:6)



In my quest to train my daughter in godliness (Proverbs 22:6). I have been really focusing on spiritual growth + everyday practical skills. So, as our family time I have broken it down into a daily subject/theme to focus on. This post is to document our "extra activities" that we do everyday. I believe these skills are important for development both for the spiritual and practical aspects of life.

Monday- Art/Creativity: 1 special monthly project to do together. We pick at the beginning of the month... this will be added to our monthly agenda. were also focusing on my DDs gift, which I believe is drawing.

Tuesday- Nature Study: I want to teach the importance and value of appreciating Gods craftsmanship (Psalm 19:1) We really havent begun this yet. However, I am planning for the beginning of march. Due to the fact I cannot tolerate cold weather.

Wednesday- Home Economics/House Management: menu plan, cooking, grocery shopping, frugality, budget, tithing, cleaning, diy.

Thursday- Christian Womanhood/Character. Monthly topic, ie. commitment.

Friday- Family Game/Movie night: I want to teach the value of games without competition. Since we do not watch alot of tv. we find a nice program to enjoy with a big bowl of popcorn!

Saturday- Cooking + Baking Day! Pick out recipes together. We cook, bake, and freeze for the future... best part: TOGETHER!

Sunday- Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment