Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Of His Dreams...


Good Morning everyone! Today was the first day of school. As I watched (+waved) my daughter off I prayed inside for her. Praying God would give her protection + guidance as she faces a new environment. I think I am more nervous than she is!!! but anyways....
I did not get up as early as I hoped for. However, as I came home sat down and opened one of my favorite devotionals: Gods purpose for every woman (a P31 Womens devotional). I was blown away by what the Lord spoke to my heart on devotion 165.
"It is my desire to be everything he dreams of too! If he wakes me up before the alarm with kisses, then I pray that God will give me the ability to be what he needs. I actually enjoy making his favorite meals, dressing the way he likes, + sharing the same interests + hobbies he does."
What I really loved about this particular devotion is that it speaks right to my heart about how we are to serve our husbands. We were created to be our husbands helpmeet. We are to serve, enjoy, + create a atmosphere where they have peace + rest. This is my goal. I want to find ways to be a virtuous wife (Proverbs 31:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment